Thursday, December 2, 2010

CHRISTMAS 2010!

Entrance way
The most wonderful time of the year is here! I decorated the week of Thanksgiving and it all came together nicely. I made this table top decoration for my entrance way.
White tree in dining room


On my white tree in the dining room it is all handmade ornaments by my children or me. My son made the tree topper when he was in Elementary school. You can also see his face in the angel ornament he made when he was small.  I really enjoyed going to craft day at the school when the kids were small to help out with the Christmas ornaments. They came home with bags of ornaments all hand made by them. When I was a kid we had Christmas plays at school, something that no longer exists. Certain grades were chosen to  perform a play and we all had to learn our parts. I remember being Leah in my sixth grade play. Mom made my costume and of course she was in the crowd watching.

 Every year for my birthday my husband gives me a gift I can use at Christmas. Last year he gave me this snowman. It lights up and the glitter swirls as it changes color. One of my favorites.

Also have to decorate outside. Haven't quite finished that yet but I made the ball wreaths for my door. These are my daughter's favorite wreaths.

No comments: