Sunday, October 31, 2010

Fall 2010

Four days after my last post, I and we lost someone very dear to us. My brother fought a long and courageous battle with lung cancer. He never spent one day in the hospital or had one day of pain. God is Great! He was diagnosed in August 2007 and lost his battle on September 12, 2010. The picture above was taken in December 2007. He left me with some interesting quotes before he went to be with the Lord. When I took him to the Doctor --he told me the argument about humans evolving from monkeys is a dead subject. His quote: "We cannot produce with them, therefore we cannot come from them". Such a simple answer to an ongoing question from ones that do not believe God created us. I remember Douglas telling me that he truly believes only one man new what life was all about--this man is Jesus. I happen to agree with both of these things Douglas told me. RIP and hope to see you again one day.
Fall is my most favorite time of the year. Leaves changing, cooler weather, and the start of the holiday season. My husband and I did celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary on the 20th of September. He bought me a most beautiful pearl ring. He said he researched to see what the gift is for 30 years and it was a pearl. It was a surprise to me.

21!!!!
Amy and Alex
         We had some birthdays to celebrate in September and October also. On the 28th of September, my son turned 17. We celebrated his birthday on the actual day, but when his sister came home from college for the weekend we celebrated his again and we celebrated Amy's. Her birthday is the 5th of October and she turned a legal 21. My sister Betsy and Mom sent cards to them and of course they love receiving money. Their Grandparents Gwaltney and Uncle Robb and Aunt Kris did the same.
Alex and his Movie Tickets
Keith Picking Apples
 The weekend of October 24th, my husband and I went to Carter Mountain to pick Apples. I have to laugh at Keith. He said: I drive 50 miles, walk a mile UP a mountain and pay $1.69 for apples I could have gotten back home for sixty nine cents a pound. I told him he was ruining the moment---I have to say that people were wondering why we were laughing so hard as we were hiking up. We did end our day by purchasing Apple Cider Doughnuts, Apple Caramel Cookies and Fuji Apples. It was a great day!
Bakery, Wine Tasting and Snacks

1 comment:

Betsy said...

What a great post! Amen!
Msss. 21 is sitting there I see with the bottle of Va. wine you bought at the horton winery.
Great pix of Alex.
Keith is not supposed to pick apples that way. He is supposed to climb a ladder. He was just knocking them off with a stick.
Betsy