Saturday, January 23, 2010

I call him Lost


Yesterday, after work, I drove over to the shopping center across the street. Something brown and furry caught my eye. Not to mention BIG. I had to pull over to see what it was. There is a man made lake in the shopping center which Mallard ducks just love. Certainly not a place for what I was about to behold: A beaver!! This poor little animal was using his God given "saw teeth" to try and make his way through the iron fence. The sound was horrendous!! I had to stop and take a few pictures of him. He really was adorable and very friendly. He wasn' the least bit afraid of me, of course, I am not stupid enough to try and befriend him.

4 comments:

Betsy said...

no offense to the beaver but he must also be stupid, I really wonder if he was sick. I hope you called someone. I am glad you got a picture, glad he wasn't rabid.
Betsy

robin said...

How odd! Fingernails on a chalk board sound? Love the post!

The Stylish House said...

Donna,
Welcome to blogging!
I saw a beaver when I was taking a walk a few years ago. He was busy making a dam in a stream. My neighborhood is surrounded by a conservation area and I love to spot animals in the wild.
Cathy

Betsy said...

when I said the beaver must also be stupid, I didn't mean you were. I worded wrong. I remember when you saw a raccoon in the road and you tried feeding him because you thought he was sick, now that was stupid - He was RABID.
Must run in the family, because actually I am the only one who had to go thru the series of Rabies vaccine. Oh well anyway-felt I had to explain myself. Betsy